The Task Force provides an opportunity for Programs and Community partners to organize around the specific concerns of domestic violence and sexual assault survivors from communities of color.
The Communities of Color Task Force is committed to:
- Developing and distributing information that informs Oregon's domestic and sexual violence providers on best practices, current research, and cultural relevant and culturally specific services for communities of color.
- Addressing the disparities faced by people of color as a means to violence prevention.
- Supporting leadership within diverse communities.
- Increasing access to services for survivors of color.
- Addressing issues surrounding retention of survivors of colors that access services.
- Community organizing and activism at the intersections of oppression
For information on meeting dates and membership guidelines please contact:
Ruth Jensen, Program Coordinator for Underserved Communities or call 503.230.1951
Current Members of the Communities of Color Task Force:
- Irene Konev, Portland Independent Police Review
- Songcha Bowman, MultiCultural Counseling Center
- Diana Camarillo, Proyecto UNICA El Programs Hispano of Catholic Social Services
- Mario Olivares, Clackamas Women's Services
- Fowzia Abdulle, Healing Roots Center
- Dr. Herman Frankel, Portland Health Institute
- Pastor Cliff Chappell, St. Johns All Nations Church of God in Christ and L.E.A.P
- Nicome Lavine, Native American Youth Authority
- Desiree Tertrou, Community Activist
- Ethan Young, Community Activist
- Solamon Ibe, Multnomah County Health Department
- Jasmine Flores, Yolanda House YWCA
- Dr. Andrae Brown, Lewis and Clark College Graduate School of Education and Counseling
- Kimber Lundy, Tillamook County Women's Resource Center
- Regena Williams, Northwest Country Community Outreach
- Evelyn Murray, Community Activist, Grandmothers against Systems Abuse
- Tim Logan, SoValTi
- Logan Cohen, St. Vincent's de Paul Recovery Youth Services
- Pramila Paranjape, South Asian Women's Empowerment & Resource Alliance
- Paloma Kogan, Centro Latino Americano
- Monica Alexander, Healing Roots Center
- Dustina Haase-Lanier, Oregon Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Gabby Santos, Oregon Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence